INDEX | RULES & INFORMATION | SUPPORT FORUM | DOCUMENTATION | SEARCH | MEMBERS | TWITTER | TERMS

Add Reply
New Poll

Selling Positive Test Results
Crystal
 Posted: Sep 1 2013, 02:49 AM

5665 POSTS
28 YEARS OLD
Missouri, USA
07/13/2012
Female

Okay so coming from this topic I am intrigued to the general opinion on this subject.

Let me start this by saying I firmly believe it is wrong to provide any kind of positive or even a negative test result to another person. But a medical test is a complete illegality to me, that just shouldn't even be permitted in this country because then people could pay to get by with just about anything. Buy a clean urine sample to pass a non-monitored drug test, but someones bowel movement when told to bring in a sample to test for something you don't want tested for, because then you'd have to get treated, let someone else swab themselves for your STD test, and of course false pregnancy tests, come on.

This should be a complete no brainer and if it begins becoming a problem in this country or others then it should have a stop put to it. If people can falsify medical tests they can get away with having tons of things and never knowing or admitting it to others or claim they have something they don't to get something out of it. That is just ridiculous and I don't agree with it at all.

user posted image
DeviantArt | Email: crystal@jcink.com | Blog: C. Jones
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image
PMEmailWebsite
^
.mxyzptlk
 Posted: Sep 8 2013, 06:58 PM

91 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A
08/01/2013
N/A

Oh god this is a great topic. I am fully against people selling positive test results to people. I don't care HOW DESPERATE YOU ARE. Sell your body! I'd have more respect for you if you did that.

Because seriously just to get down to one thing, help to family and children from the government. Foodstamps, medicare and cash assistance. I see so many people taking advantage of this and it's annoying as all hell. Now they're drug testing these people. I'm all for the drug tests. I just don't wanna see someone passing because they bought a positive urine sample from someone.

PMEmail
^
Ava
 Posted: Sep 8 2013, 07:45 PM

261 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
New York State
08/29/2013
Female

I read about things like this happening and I just shake my head. Makes me ashamed to be from one of those cities that was posted in the previous threads, though I know those kinds of people are all over the place. To me it's just people trying to get away with manipulation for whatever reason, maybe money (like child support, etc). That it just sick and twisted! I really saddens me that this sort of thing is happening though.

I sort of link them to gold diggers in my mind, people who have no moral scruples and are just out to try and get money from someone.

I really don't know what else to say about it... it's just... inexcusable and WRONG on so many levels! And if you don't know that it is wrong or are doing it then you aren't a very good person, in my book.

A Black Jewels RP
user posted image
PM
^
John
 Posted: Sep 8 2013, 08:10 PM

839 POSTS
28 YEARS OLD
New Jersey, USA
07/13/2012
Male

I think it's unethical and wrong to supply someone test results like this. Even worse to be the buyer and user.

But I wouldn't ban the sale of them, at least not now. It's not a big enough issue to legislate against. I'm sure there would be some kind of ramifications to the free market as well knowing the government if a law was passed where used medical tests could not be sold.

Besides, if junk like this was banned because of the potential for someone to do something unethical with them, then the door is wide open to scrutinize every other item out there.

email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
PMWebsite
^
Ava
 Posted: Sep 8 2013, 08:14 PM

261 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
New York State
08/29/2013
Female

QUOTE (Jcink @ Sep 8 2013, 07:10 PM)

Besides, if junk like this was banned because of the potential for someone to do something unethical with them, then the door is wide open to scrutinize every other item out there.

Totally agree with this!

A Black Jewels RP
user posted image
PM
^
Werewolf Link
 Posted: Sep 8 2013, 11:40 PM

89 POSTS
24 YEARS OLD
http://heroesvsvillains.b1.jcink.com/
08/15/2013
Male

IMO, It is morally wrong to sell positive results. It should also be illegal.

Especially for drug tests, or pregnancy tests. Just no!

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Dottie
 Posted: Sep 9 2013, 05:57 PM

75 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A
09/09/2013
N/A

The idea of someone trying to make a profit from deceit and scamming just makes me sick in any context but especially this one. Because it hurts more than just those people in the long run. It hurts the people who are trying to be honest and use the system as it is meant to be used, flaws and all.

However, I agree that you have to be careful on what you make illegal and ban. A lot of times that just makes people more creative and harder to manage.
PM
^
Elf
 Posted: Sep 12 2013, 02:38 AM

102 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A
08/20/2013
N/A

I am not sure how you could possibly make it illegal to sell your test results. HOWEVER, I don't think that anyone who is presented with a positive pregnancy test - male or female - should take it for granted even without the knowledge that someone is selling positive tests.

It's called a doctor and a blood test. Actually when you're pregnant, it's a good idea to go to the doctor to confirm and to get a referral to an Obstetrician who can oversee your pregnancy and your delivery.

As for the pee test thing...they've actually gotten very good at keeping people from cheating at these. Pee tests have to be a certain temperature - so it has to be fresh - and while you are in the bathroom providing the sample you may not flush the toilet. Beforehand, you usually empty your pockets and lock all personal belongings up, as well as empty and turn out all pockets to prove you don't have anything in there.

It's ridiculous that this happens, but there are steps that can be taken to blow through the falsities.
PM
^
Crystal
 Posted: Sep 12 2013, 10:31 AM

5665 POSTS
28 YEARS OLD
Missouri, USA
07/13/2012
Female

QUOTE (Elf @ Sep 12 2013, 01:38 AM)
As for the pee test thing...they've actually gotten very good at keeping people from cheating at these. Pee tests have to be a certain temperature - so it has to be fresh - and while you are in the bathroom providing the sample you may not flush the toilet. Beforehand, you usually empty your pockets and lock all personal belongings up, as well as empty and turn out all pockets to prove you don't have anything in there.

My brother smokes marijuana, not a secret here really; and he has a device called The Urinator they use to be sold in High Times magazine you get a clean urine sample and put it in there, strap it to your leg and it is battery operated keeps the urine at the right temperature and everything. Then when you go into the test you uncap it like a catheter and there you go. So unless he is taking a monitored test were they stand and watch you urinate, he can cheat.

Very few professions anymore even require a monitored test, the military (and half the time the recruiter doesn't watch), medical, law enforcement, etc. So plenty of people do have the tools to get away with this and can. Also there are ways of implanting someone else's blood in a sac under your skin above the vein so when getting a draw then it can be substituted, in Japan and Chine they have developed pods that could cover a finger and contain a drop of blood of someone elses for testing. Those things are not on any kind of market yet, but come on eventually it could happen.

When it does then some sort of policy seriously needs ot be set forth against selling samples, and results on home testing kits, and everything. Or else what is the point in even testing for anything?

user posted image
PMEmailWebsite
^
Black Angel
 Posted: Sep 12 2013, 05:05 PM

118 POSTS
36 YEARS OLD
http://tcforums.net
08/15/2013
Female

I am not sure how you could possibly make it illegal to sell your test results

I am sure that there is a biohazard issue since you would be coming into contact with something someone peed on.

I think that is one way to go about it..

Twilight Cafe - No sparkly vampires. No topless werewolves. Just sick, twisted, horribly, horribly inapropriate FRIENDLY people. Are you an Android or iOS user or just love mobile devices in general, if so, come and check out our newest mobile section, Mobile Nexus today.
user posted image

My Suggestions: 1-10, 11-13,14, 15, 16*, 17,18, 19?, 20,21, 22, 23-31, 32-40, 41-48, 49-53, 54-57, 58*, 59, 60,61,62*,63*,64*,65*,66, 67

All of my suggestions in one thread. Updated as of 8/3/13

"There was one of two things I had a right to: liberty or death. If I could not have one, I would take the other, for no man should take me alive." -- Harriet Tubman

Click here if you want to patch the Master Key Vulnerability on rooted Android phones.
PMWebsite
^
Liz
 Posted: Sep 12 2013, 10:53 PM

1532 POSTS
37 YEARS OLD
Minnesota
07/29/2013
Female

Completely unethical. How can someone be so desperate as to want to ruin a person's life just to get a few kicks and want to destroy them and make them think they have an STD or that they're pregnant, or the person is pregnant. It's disgusting and really sad that there are people out there that do things like that!

♥ ♥ Hogwarts RPG ♥ ♥ The Refuge ♥ ♥
A friend is one who knows you, And loves you just the same.
user posted image user posted image user posted image

user posted image user posted image user posted image
♥ ♥ Guides ♥ ♥ Discussions ♥ ♥ Challenges ♥ ♥ Nanowrimo ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ Review Shop ♥ ♥ Tracker ♥ ♥ Refuge Staff Needed ♥ ♥
PMEmailWebsiteAIMYIMMSN
^
Apple
 Posted: Sep 12 2013, 10:55 PM

789 POSTS
27 YEARS OLD
Wastelands
08/31/2013
Female

Doesn't anyone really think of their morals anymore? How can anyone go around selling their pee? Or poop to someone. Yeck. Plus the fact that it's unsanitary. As well as sad that you would even have to go behind someone's back to do so.

I saw on this show where future technology was coming into play. There would be this smart house that can take your urine sample when you peed. It would monitor your health and send in updates to the government. If you were found with illegal drugs or over the legal limit for alcohol so many times your health insurance would be removed from you. So if you had a disease aka HIV or something, and you weren't the one peeing in the toilet then the toilet would know... It was kind of interesting. It'd make it impossible to sell your urine and all that then.

Apple

PM
^
Cassius Augustine
 Posted: Sep 14 2013, 05:11 PM

60 POSTS
25 YEARS OLD
Jersey
09/14/2013
Male

There's not much to say here except I completely agree with the OP. It completely defeats the purpose of the test in the first place.

PMWebsite
^
Crystal
 Posted: Sep 23 2013, 04:27 PM

5665 POSTS
28 YEARS OLD
Missouri, USA
07/13/2012
Female

QUOTE (Black Angel @ Sep 12 2013, 04:05 PM)

I am sure that there is a biohazard issue since you would be coming into contact with something someone peed on.

True.

Especially since in healthcare when you take a sample you have to follow full protective procedures then triple check that it is the right patient, the right sample being taken, and the right amount in case something needs run twice. Then you have to keep it in bio hazard bags, cases, etc. until it is receieved by the lab who then also keeps it in marked bio hazard containers when it is not being directly handled by a technician.

user posted image
PMEmailWebsite
^
Kumo
 Posted: Aug 30 2014, 08:10 PM

94 POSTS
23 YEARS OLD
Out of my mind O_x
08/21/2013
Female

QUOTE (Black Angel @ Sep 12 2013, 04:05 PM)

^ This. If you had, say a false negative about HIV aids and sold that to someone and they somehow got in their body? Look, the now have HIV as well. Remember, false negatives and false positives are still things that can happen in the medical words, no matter how advanced our technology gets.

RP Genres I love: Historical Fiction, Arranged Marriage, Mutants (Xmen), Vampires, Anime (message for specific); Jcink/IF preferance; your site fit this? Hit me up with a PM user posted image
Survey, 100% Anonymous (Google Docs) Sexual Orientation!
*Updated*My Tumblr![/color]
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
[SIZE=3]Help me grow my pokemon user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
PM
^
Mikachu
 Posted: Jul 11 2017, 06:07 AM

9 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A
07/11/2017
Female

Peronally, from my viewpoint, if you screw up and are going to fail a test, that is YOUR fault. YOU deal with it. I would rather sell my body at a gentleman's club than sell my urine to an addict that needs to pass a test to keep their job.

You reward bad behavior, you encourage them to keep doing it and there is zero accountability at all in place. But on the converse, I *have* been guilty of having my pregnant friend give me a positive pregnancy test as a prank to an ex. But I told him it was fake and I was kidding.

If you falsify such things to get government benefits, you are really in need of a psych evaluation because something is wrong and you have a few screws loose in your head.
PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Medical Debates | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -