29 YEARS OLD
Global Forum Rules General Forum Rules
These rules apply across the entirety of this board and all categories, forums, or sub-forums thereof, as well as on the Jcink.com Support Forum.
Last Updated: April 15, 2014
No Flooding. Flooding is creating mass amounts of posts (10+) in a matter of minutes, or continuously spamming the same message over and over again. A warn level will be issued if you do this, and if it continues raised until/unless we are forced to ban you.
- No harassment, arguing, bullying, etc. If you are caught doing any of these in any form, a.k.a. name calling, flaming, swearing at the person etc. then you will receive a raise in your warning level. If you have been harassed, bullied, etc., do not reply back with more of the same yourself (in most cases it is best just not to reply at all, and allow the Administrators to delete the posts). If you retaliate with the same as you have received then you run the risk of receiving a raise in your warning level as well.
- On the topic of harassment, bullying, etc. there will be no flaming of the Administrators or the staff at any point in time. If this is done then the staff may make an executive decision to ban the account of the member doing so with no warning. This includes harassing staff through PM, in posts, or in the shoutbox. The staff provide their services free of charge to help further the service and forums of the users disrespect towards them will not be tolerated.
- If your topic gets deleted for being spam, then the Administrators have determined it as spam. If you feel your topic was really not spam, please PM an Administrator to talk about it, and please be civil. The Administrator may have mistaken your thread for spam. This board has strict no spam rules. We want to keep the site clean for good discussion.
Definition of SPAM:
- Advertisements of any kind are not permitted outside of the designated forums, if they are found outside of any space designated for them, outside of a signature, or listing as your website on your profile then they will be deleted. All credits to resources hosted on this site need to be provided either in the way the creator has requested or by simply crediting them as done by so and so and a link to their profile, so that other people who enjoy their work can find them and easily request from them. If you are found to be claiming another members work as your own then you will be suspended for thirty (30) days, in addition you will receive a PM warning and if it continues have your warning level raised until you are banned..
- Anything that even remotely doesn't have a meaning to the thread/or a thread that has no meaning. I.E. a topic about "Tacos" where the post says nothing but "Mmmm... tacos are teh leet lets EAT!" would be spam. However, a thread titled "Tacos" where a real recipe on how create home-made Tacos for real wouldn't be spam in most cases.
- These rules may be amended at any time, but offenses made before a rule is made are not going to be held against anyone.
- Anything that doesn't contribute to the topic. Off topic posts, bumping old threads for no good reason, posting the same message over and over into other threads where it doesn't fit, posting a bunch of smilies, posting just a character or two of text, etc. is SPAM and will be treated as such.
No advertising, outside the forums specified for it. If an advertisement is found outside of any forum that is delegated as acceptable to advertise in then it will be deleted and you will receive a warning PM.
No swearing. Also the word filters are not cover ups for you, they are to let you know the word you said is not acceptable to be posted here. Censoring swear words is not an acceptable way to bypass the rules. This also includes language which one can find offensive.
No sexual content or sexual references, in any form. This includes sexually suggestive images, slogans, or sayings. Nothing sexual or sexually suggestive is to be posted on this forum at any time.
No offensive material. This includes anything that could be considered or deemed offensive to anyone of any sexual orientation, religious persuasion, or otherwise known touchy subjects. If it has a serious chance to offend, do not post it.
Common courtesy is all that we ask. This is a volunteer operation. The Administrators and Moderators are giving of their time to make this a better board. They deserve our thanks and appreciation, and to be treated civilly. It is possible that one of the staff may make a decision that you disagree with. Alas, it is an imperfect world in which we live. If you feel an error was made, you can certainly email your opinion or question to an Administrator or Moderator, as long as you do it in a non-confrontational manner.
Disagreements with moderators decisions: We reserve the right to suspend or delete a user, or move/delete/edit a post or topic, for any reason we feel necessary at any time.
- You may feel that your feelings were hurt, or that a decision was unfair. Keep in mind that we have to make decisions based upon the needs of the majority of our visitors, and that sometimes requires us to act in ways that may appear unfair to a particular individual. An individual may have goals or attitudes that will disrupt and destroy the benefits being received by others. That individual may even think that he is doing the right thing. And when he is banned, he may feel that the decision was not "fair." Very few decisions are fair from every perspective. The criminal thinks it is unfair that he has to go to jail at all, while many in society may think the sentence is not for a sufficiently long period of time.
No Proxies allowed. Because we have had such a hard time with people abusing the use of proxies, we no longer will tolerate the use of them. We apologize for any inconveniences. Any member caught using a proxy on the forums will be banned.
Alternate accounts are against the rules. If you have to make an alternate account for a reason, such as testing or whatnot, let me or Jcink know before you do. Making alternate accounts to ban evade, cheat in polls, etc. is not allowed so don't even ask for it to be. Trying to come back with alternate accounts from a suspension or anything else will result in an immediate ban.
REMOVED: a rule regarding connection to the IRC chatroom has been completely removed as the IRC chat is no longer in effect and has been taken offline in future it may or may not be used once more.
People are banned and suspended for a reason, please respect that. If your friend has been banned, we do not want to hear from him, so do not post on behalf of a banned or suspended user.
Moderator disputes are not to be discussed on the forum. If you were warned or a Moderator preformed some action against you, and you feel it's outrageous, do not create drama within the forums about it, you'll just get another one, and another one depending how far you press. Moderator disputes should be personally addressed to either me or Jcink, or the Moderator in question.
Copyright infringement is not tolerated, and if a dispute of your work is brought to the Administration they will review your work and the alleged stolen property and make an executive decision. All decisions made in regards to these kinds of disputes are final. If your work is copied or stolen from another source and we remove it, then it is not to be re-posted at any time. If it is then the staff will place you on post moderation, if this occurs numerous times you will be banned.Terms of Service:
- The terms of service should always be followed on every single Jcink Forum Hosting forum. You agree to these terms upon creation of your forum and they can always be easily accessed here: Jcink Terms of Service