INDEX | RULES & INFORMATION | SUPPORT FORUM | DOCUMENTATION | SEARCH | MEMBERS | TWITTER | TERMS

Add Reply
New Poll

[Site Name] Sucks (ANONYMOUS)
Crystal
 Posted: May 28 2014, 09:42 PM

5665 POSTS
28 YEARS OLD
Missouri, USA
07/13/2012
Female

I have been a member of this community for years that is a graphics community exclusively, and in the past year and a half they have not promoted me once. Despite the fact my skill level is above and beyond even some of their artists ranked extremely high all because I refuse to spend all my time on there and do tons of their challenges and requests, but people with little to no skill who do tons of challenges get promoted purely for being kiss asses.

This is completely [CENSORED] ridiculous and I am [CENSORED] sick of it, they can go and screw themselves pretty much because at the end of the day if you're going to rank people on how they benefit you and not on their [CENSORED] skill level then you're an idiot. And ONE person should not be doing all of the ranking to begin with, thee should be several individuals weighing in on what is considered good for a certain level. Instead it's all up to what one person likes, dynamite system there, except not morons.

Quitting the [CENSORED] community and won't be doing jack on it, and am removing my resources from it. Because why contribute to some place full of judgmental asses, especially when their reasoning for not promoting was a one liner; when EVERY other person got an actual critique and explanation on why they didn't get promoted. But hey you're okay not there yet isn't a damn critique.

user posted image
DeviantArt | Email: crystal@jcink.com | Blog: C. Jones
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image
PMEmailWebsite
^
Liz
 Posted: May 28 2014, 10:35 PM

1532 POSTS
37 YEARS OLD
Minnesota
07/29/2013
Female

I've totally been there. It might not be graphics itself but of feeling like I'm completely ignored on a site I'm on. I'm a moderator in a few RP areas and language, but I know I'll never be bumped up beyond that. The admins on the site have their own little 'clique' and only those that are in that 'clique' are able to become part of the admin/moderating team. Even though, those on the admin/moderator team aren't doing the job they were hired for, they aren't replacing them with people willing to take the position and do the work, because 'they know what is expected of them'.

It's disgusting, it's disrespectful and rude. But all you can do is one of two things
- do what you do best, don't argue, don't fight them, don't yell or scream at them and complain to the admins or tell them off. Hard as it might be. One day you might get that position, but if you do something like I mentioned, you'll never be considered. Those in charge may not always be in charge and you might get your chance.
-Leave the site.

Sometimes in the end that is the better choice. I haven't left the site above, because I really enjoy being on the site and a part of it. I gave up a long time ago trying to get them to see they hired crap mods that aren't doing what's expected, and now do their job as much as I possibly can, hoping one day maybe I might get a chance. Though I know I likely never will.

Rather than get down about it though, I enjoy doing what I am. I opened a site of my own and nabbed a ton of members from that site as well, which encouraged me to continue with the site rather than throw in the towel.

♥ ♥ Hogwarts RPG ♥ ♥ The Refuge ♥ ♥
A friend is one who knows you, And loves you just the same.
user posted image user posted image user posted image

user posted image user posted image user posted image
♥ ♥ Guides ♥ ♥ Discussions ♥ ♥ Challenges ♥ ♥ Nanowrimo ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ Review Shop ♥ ♥ Tracker ♥ ♥ Refuge Staff Needed ♥ ♥
PMEmailWebsiteAIMYIMMSN
^
Mikachu
 Posted: Jul 11 2017, 06:41 AM

9 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A
07/11/2017
Female

I can relate to you Crystal. I was part of an RP site for years, pitched ideas to flesh out new ideas and events, original ideas and they were all basically taken away and said that te Admin came up with them because I mentioned the ideas in Staff for discussion. I was told one idea wouldn't work because it was tied to something else, yet the next day the same idea I pitched that got shot down as impossible was suddenly added and bam, new event in place with no credit to me and the thread where I even mentioned it in Staff was not archived, but -deleted- outright so there was no trace at all of me even pitching the ideas.

I stayed despite that and worked hard to support members, yet I was kicked off Staff and one of their clique was chosen to replace me and my character was written out entirely like she didn't even exist in the first place. Between that and everyone basically insulting me in RP and in OOC discussions and using the defense of 'oh that is just the character's point of view, not mine' and I pointed out it was not an IC area at all, yet I got a warning for harassment of a member.

I eventually just told them off and left that site a long while ago when it was basically only friends of Staff being put into leadership roles, and several of them vanishing for months at a time and keeping their position, missing activity checks, but I missed ONE because I was dealing with family issues, even though I posted that I would be away for a few days because I was needed, yet all of my characters were archived and everything I did was written off but all the ideas I pitched were claimed by the head Admin as their own and people basically stopped posting to me entirely.

They would tell me to start a thread and tag their character... I was lucky if I got a quick post a month or two later and even then, things I mentioned in my post were ignored totally and they went in with the intent to make me want to leave.

So I know the feeling, Crystal. If a forum doesn't appreciate you, then by all means, take your stuff and walk away. Find somewhere that DOES respect you and put them in your rear view and don't look back. Let them realize just how much of a driving force you were, and now that you're not there, let them deal with stuff.

Point being, no need to bust your rump for a place that doesn't appreciate your efforts and hard work.
PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Community Rants | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -